- Running Events
- Youth Events
- Virtual Races
- Race Results
- About Us
What’s the “buzz?” It is the Disco Triathlon, of course! The BIGGEST fall open-water triathlon event in Texas with Sprint, Olympic and BADA$$ X-50 distances!
You’ve already seen the killer swag, right? You know about the rocking beach start along with their wonderful spectator friendly venue? Well, here’s a new one for you! We are grilling burgers this year! Yeah, you got it, BURGERS at the finish line!!!
See you on Sunday, September 17! Death to Disco? NEVER!!!
While some of our other races are more competitive, Disco is without a doubt our most popular.
It simple… Gold chains, big hair, polyester and silk, a KILLER race course, a beach start and a finish next to the lake.
We offer three distances at Disco.
Sprint: 500 yards flat lake swim, 17.6 mile ride and 3.1 mile run.
Olympic: 1 mile swim, 23-mile ride and 6.2 mile run.
X-50: 1 mile swim, 40 mile ride, 9 mile run.
– All have a spectator friendly beach start
– The bike ride has a couple of “Texas Hills”
– The run is awesome! Runners run through a tree lined state park.
You won’t be alone at Disco. You’ll have a thousand fellow athletes joining you on the course, along with tons of spectators to cheer you on and join us on the dance floor to do that boogie thang! Afros welcome!
All participants will receive a tech garment and all finishers will receive a medal.
Award Time: 10:00 a.m.
SPRINT: Overall male, Overall female, Overall masters ( male & female ) and Overall grand masters ( Male & female ) awards and first thru 3rd place awards in each age group. 14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65 & over
Bear Creek Running
101 Towne Center Lane,
Keller, Texas 76248
5400 E. Mockingbird Lane
Dallas, Texas 75206
6101 Windhaven Pkwy #100
Plano, Texas 75093
*FREE RACE COURSE REVIEW at 2:00pm with USAT and Ironman certified Coach Dave Jimenez. All are welcome!
Please bring a photo ID. If registering at packet pick up, please bring your USAT ID. One day USAT licenses will be available for $15.00.
You must be present to pick up your packet, no one can pick up the packet for you. Friends and family members may not pick up packets unless athlete is a minor.
No race transfers or deferrals.
*Residents of Fort Worth may pick up their packets race morning.
Sunday, September 17th, 2017 Race Day Schedule
5:00 am – Your Alarm Goes Off
6:00 am – Transition Opens & Body Marking
7:15 am – Transition Closes
7:25 am – Final Race Briefing on Beach
7:30 am – Race Wave Starts
10:00 am – Start of Awards and Post Race Party
1:30 pm – Course Closes
There is parking within walking distance of the race site for participants and spectators. Park personnel will assist in guiding you to parking locations.
1434 CENTRE PLACE DRIVE
DENTON, TX 76205
Guest rooms: 153
820 SOUTH INTERSTATE 35 EAST
DENTON, TX 76205
Guest rooms: 84
2900 WEST UNIVERSITY DRIVE
DENTON, TX 76201
Guest rooms: 75
1513 CENTRE PLACE DRIVE
DENTON, TX 76205
MOTEL SIX-VALLEY VIEW
1000 I-35 SOUTH CENTRE PLACE DRIVE
I-35 EXIT 486
VALLEY VIEW, TX 76205
1. It is the responsibility of each athlete to know the race course and any potential hazards which may exist on it.
2. The Disco events have no aid stations on the bike course. Aids stations on the run course will be approx. every mile. Aid stations will have water, ice and replacement drink.
3. Transition area is old school. Open racking/ first come first serve with in your race area! (Sprint in one area/Olympic in another area)
4. Wetsuits will not be allowed. It’s Texas. The water is warm! All athletes must wear a swimsuit. Nudity at this race is a 4-hour penalty or lunch with David Hasselhoff.
5. Make sure that you properly wear your race numbers (for all races) and timing chip (for all races). You will receive two numbers at packet pick-up. The bicycle frame number goes on your bicycle’s top tube, just behind the handlebars. The bib number must be worn on the front of your body during the entire run portion of the event. You will be body marked on race morning before the swim and the timing chips will be located close to transition also on race morning.
6. The roads are open to traffic. Ride on the right hand side of the road on the shoulder unless instructed otherwise by a police officer or a race official. Please discourage your friends and family members from driving on the race course while the race is in progress. Do not cycle in the car lanes.
7. Spectators will not be allowed into the transition areas. If you would like to hand your gear to a friend over the transition area fence before you begin the bike portion of the event you are welcome to do so.
8. Park only in designated parking places. Parking lots specifically designated for the Disco athletes and spectators will be provided.
9. Please help our volunteers keep the countryside clean and the residents of the area happy by discarding rubbish (gel packets, water bottles, banana peels, wrappers, cups, etc.) at the aid stations while racing.
10. Award ceremony will be following the race near the finish line tent!
Results and photos will be posted here after the race.
Please read our Frequently Asked Questions page for any questions you may have regarding race details. For more information on sign-up or race logistics along with general information, e-mail DAR Race Info or call (214) 502-9837.
For “Sponsorship” or “Promotion” contact email@example.com.